The Finance Manager will work with our Senior Director of Finance to drive process improvements, establish controls framework for the department & organization as a whole and lead projects to enhance the efficiencies of the finance department.
This role will have a wide variety of accounting and finance responsibilities including implementing a robust controls and procedures program, as well as process improvement projects. This role will also provide oversight and manage key accounting procedures related to fixed assets, A/R, Sales & Use Tax and overseeing 3rd party administration of payroll & benefits. This role also requires subject matter expertise in finance systems, especially SAP. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to easily understand and roll out new system improvements and ability to train others in the organization on finance related topics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Process & Controls Management:
- Process Reviews: Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient processes.
- Audit: Lead annual audit process including acting as primary liaison with the auditors, building strong relationships.
- Tax: Preparation of Sales & use tax filings including leading project to streamline & outsource.
- Controls: Review internal control processes and procedures to design and implement a robust control framework aligned with parent company standards.
- Special Projects: Lead various ad hoc finance projects including analytical reviews to find financial opportunities and integration of statutory entities.
- Payroll: Oversight of 3rd parties managing payroll & benefit accounting administration. Manage payroll account reconciliations.
Reporting, Systems & Training:
- Financial Reporting: Manage accounting of Revenue, A/R and inventory ensuring accurate and on-time month-end closes. Manage full GL for TAP Machine Company, separate legal entity responsible for sales of cold shot machines.
- Systems: Develop & enhance finance systems and tools to fit business needs, which includes evolving recently implemented SAP ERP system and supporting roll out of new tools.
- Training: Collaborate with Senior Finance Director to develop and execute trainings across the organization to educate other departments on finance related topics.
- Oversight of Accounting Specialist in managing timeliness of A/R collections and issue resolution
- Demonstrates strong ability to coach and mentor team and/or peers to develop team/individual’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations.
- Holds self and others responsible for demonstrating company culture through personal behavior and actions.
Other Duties/Special Projects:
- The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive but represent the general duties of this position.
- Creativity: Demonstrates subject matter expertise in systems and consistently looks for new opportunities to enhance and maintain financial health of the organization.
- Organization & Planning: Possesses strong project management skills with the ability to implement progressive accounting and finance related procedures (e.g. audit, payroll, controls, systems).
- Collaboration/Communication: Demonstrates strong ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment across multiple functions and stakeholders (e.g., Corporate, Field, & Vendors), and effectively influences and provides appropriate push back as needed.
- Action-Oriented: Thrives in fast paced changing environments and has the ability to lead others. Sets goals and objectives for the finance department and designs a framework for these to be met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA required
- 3-5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Beverage Alcohol industry background preferred, with strong track record of driving both business performance & process improvement
- SAP experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel and power point
- Strong technical accounting skills, knowledge of US GAAP & appreciation of German GAAP
- Energetic, self-starter