ABOUT NEW YORK MEDIA
New York Media is a premium content company reaching sophisticated readers on the subjects they're passionate about. The company publishes the groundbreaking magazine New York; the up-to-the-minute news and service website nymag.com; the entertainment-and-culture news site Vulture; the fashion-and-lifestyle site the Cut; the Grub Street food site; Science of Us, a window into the latest science on human behavior; Select All, a vertical exploring technology and digital culture; the online shopping site Strategist; and New York Weddings and New York Design Hunting magazines.
The HR Generalist is an integral part of the New York Media Human Resources team. In this important role, your responsibilities will include a variety of duties including recruitment, assisting with employee training and development, working closely with line management on HR and business needs, light employee relations, special HR projects, and preparing HR reports.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process, including:
-Partnering with hiring manager(s) on sourcing strategies, especially critical, difficult-to-fill positions.
-Posting open roles for recruitment and managing requisition workflow.
-Screening candidates and schedule interviews with interviewing team.
-Working through the offer process with select candidates.
- Drive the onboarding process, including orientation, new hire paperwork collection, preparing managers, and facilitating periodic check-ins.
- Assists in the development, implementation and facilitation of training and development initiatives to meet the specific business needs of the organization and create a high performance workforce.
- Assists in quality/effectiveness reviews of employee engagement programs and initiatives.
- Partner with management to prepare and maintain job profiles for each position.
- Assist with annual performance and incentive planning and review.
- Manage light to moderate employee relations issues to closure and escalate to HR Business Partner where necessary.
- Prepares data analyses and key metrics that support the use of data to make informed decisions around our people and organization.
- Serve as the HR point of contact on immigration, sponsorships, and other global mobility matters.
- Administer leaves of absence and other matters concerning time away from work.
- Drive the off-boarding process for separating associates (prep managers, conduct exit interviews, process exit surveys, track turnover data/metrics).
- Maintains employee and I9 files along with other record-keeping matters.
- Prepares and updates organization charts.
- Answers general HR questions and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with other special projects where needed.
Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to:
with “HR Generalist -PDN” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results-orientation and time management skills
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Knowledge of applicable financial, legal, and operational rules and laws