The Legal Administrator is responsible for assisting the Sr. Vice President, Legal Counsel, in the management of foreign and domestic commercial and legal matters. In connection therewith, the Legal Administrator will assist with all stages of corporate transactions, prepare appropriate documents, and perform secretarial work in connection with business activities.
- Perform secretarial work of a complex nature, which includes typing, handling papers and correspondence of legal nature; such as contracts, briefs, complaints, motions and interrogatories.
- Gather litigation and billing data to prepare draft responses to auditors' requests for information.
- Begin the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions including drafting and/or reviewing contracts, communications, licensure applications, amendments, withdrawals, mergers, dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Monitor ongoing programs and operations for legal compliance.
- Prepare corporate minute books and end of year Board of Director's corporate resolutions for United States and Canada.
- Provide international locations support and information as requested for loans, acquisitions, board meetings, purchase orders and promissory notes.
- Act as a contact and assist with maintenance of risk management insurance policies.
- Prepare Annual Budget for submission and approval.
- Prepare and update loan documents between related companies.
- Prepare and track all incoming and outgoing documents and manage purchase order requisitions.
- Obtain information and prepare Litigation Reports
- Provide supervision, guidance and training to Legal Secretary and perform orientation of new legal department employees.
- Respond to communications and gather information when requested by customers, law firms, banks, or insurance companies.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED. Paralegal Certificate is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in a legal administrative capacity.
- Stenography / transcription / speedwriting skills highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, business writing and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft 0ffice, Excel, Lotus Notes and AS400.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-lean environment.