The Public Relations Specialist researches target media, writes and disseminates press releases, facilitates media requests, coordinates and supports sharing of Babson news through social and digital channels, and monitors/reports on media coverage.
* Produces and manages distribution of news releases including researching, drafting, proofreading, and disseminating digital posting and social sharing news content.
* Works collaboratively with the Digital Marketing team to employ best practices when posting/sharing news releases.
* Works in collaboration with other members of the PR team and/or relies on media database services to strategically identify target news outlets and contacts for news releases.
* Aggressively pitches target news outlets and contacts to generate brand-building coverage.
* Continuously monitors and builds knowledge of the changing local and national news landscape.
* Facilitates connection between Babson thought leaders and members of the news media; manages process through final publication of stories, keeping the Director of PR apprised at all times.
* Regularly compiles and produces media coverage summary with analysis.
* Assumes additional specific responsibilities as required.
Prefer previous experience in communications or public relations
* 1-3 years of experience in a communications role
* Excellent communication skills including writing, editing, and proofreading skills
* Proactive with a positive attitude
* Ability to collaborate with others across campus and within department
* Experience influencing without authority
* Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change
* Financial/budgeting skills
* Superb attention to detail skills and must be highly organized
* Solid project management expertise
* Complete working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media