The Territory Account Executive is responsible for using a consultative solution selling approach to grow
and develop Software AG's business in a given territory or account base (geography, set of industries, or
combination thereof). The Territory Account Executive focuses on a set of 20-30 assigned accounts that
she/he proactively covers to generate new opportunities and license revenue. She/he effectively covers
other accounts in his/her area by building and coordinating partner relationships, as well as leveraging
demand generation activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Territory Account Executive is part of a virtual sales team along with
other Software AG lines of business and is responsible for selling the entire Software AG solutions
portfolio in her/his territory.
- Achieve/exceed quarterly and yearly revenue targets using approved SAG business planning,
account management, opportunity management, and monitoring processes tools.
- Drive and penetrate new accounts and meet with stakeholders (C level) within accounts selling
large-scale collaboration solutions.
- · BA/BS degree or equivalent and familiarity with internet technologies.
Professional Experience in year(s):5+
- Basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace
- Working directly or with the Partner Manager, builds & coordinates partnerships with top partners
to generate incremental revenue opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a Territory plan and pipeline to meet and exceed assigned quota.
- Qualify, create, develop, control and close new opportunities.
- Adopt the appropriate methodology to selling.
- Accurately forecast and report on opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Create an environment of collaboration with both the customer and virtual sales team.
- Create constructive tension and challenge the customer with their knowledge of customer &
- Teach customers insights & tailor solutions to challenge their approach to key corporate priorities
and create a value proposition
- Take control of the sales process rather than simply following the customer's process.
- Build key management relationships with focus on new opportunities, customer success and
satisfaction, resulting in referenceable accounts and positive brand/company awareness.
- Identify stakeholders and sponsors and customer references.
- Manage complex sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Engage with cross-functional resources to drive Software AG Sales.
- Develop new solutions and supports others in solving complex problems in the sales process.
- Prior industry experience selling software based solutions into a specified territory, specifically into
targeted new name accounts with deal sizes that range from €50K - €1M+.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent presentation skills and interaction with internal/external customers.
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings.
Software AG empowers customers to innovate, differentiate and win in the digital world. Its products help companies combine existing systems on-premise and in the cloud into a single platform to optimize and digitize their businesses. The combination of process management, data integration and real-time analytics in one middleware platform enables customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decision-making. Building on over 45 years of customer-centric innovation, Software AG is ranked a leader in many innovative IT categories. Software AG has more than 4,400 employees in 70 countries and had total revenues of €858 million in 2014.
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Click on the link to view the full EEO statement http://www.softwareag.com/corporate/images/EEO_Statement_tcm16-130491.pdf