Senior Human Resources Business Partner with extensive experience in large multi-national firms and SMBs.
Skilled in working with senior leadership teams to develop and implement HR strategies that drive business results.
Strong record of accomplishment in organizational and leadership development, change management, talent management, employee engagement, talent acquisition, and employment policies.
Advise companies across several industries including financial services, healthcare and HR consulting on change management, learning and development, recruiting and assessment solutions that improve employee engagement, mitigate risk, cut cost and streamline processes.
Organizational Development Significantly improved performance management conversations between supervisors and subordinates at a leading US retail bank. Developed and facilitated live and virtual workshops for 175 managers focusing on improving ongoing performance conversations through clear goal setting, candid communications and documentation. Scaled program to national level by conducting train-the-trainer programs.
Talent Acquisition Oversaw implementation of a large-scale aggressive 200+ sales team recruitment initiative for a multi-million dollar human resources consulting company. More than halved time-to-hire metrics while elevating candidate quality by leveraging pre-screen assessment tools that introduced consistency, eliminated bias and streamlined hiring process.
Performance Measurement Created a comprehensive web-based survey tool that assessed suppliers past performance for a start-up reference check company. Results improved quality of selection decisions, reduced risk and trimmed time spent on checking references by more than 80%.
Assessment Development For a healthcare consultancy, retooled psychosocial assessments and created commercialization strategies that contributed towards a $1.5M NIH grant.
Responsible for providing overall Human Resources leadership for this mid-size company. 120 employees, 1 staff
Conducted an organization-wide culture assessment. Led the leadership team to develop critical strategic priorities that will meet future challenges. Launched employee engagement initiatives bolstering the positive culture while addressing retention concerns.
Drove the talent management and succession planning agenda resulting in HR strategic plans enabling the achievement of organizational goals. Created development plans and staffing blueprints.
Instilled a high performance culture by implementing standardized compensation, performance management, recruiting and employee policies and practices.
- Madison, NJ 2004 - 2008 $7B leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services for physicians and patients Director Human Resources, Physician Sales and Marketing Responsible for providing overall Human Resources leadership for the sales and marketing function of this $4B line of business.
- 1000+ employees and 6 direct staff.
- Built and led the first centralized recruiting department that staffed all sales and marketing positions.
- Developed Lominger competency models for sales and marketing that drove recruiting and development.
- Led the Sales and Marketing quarterly Leadership Development Process reviews with senior leadership.
- New York, NY 2002 - 2003 $10B lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories retailer Director Human Resources, Victoria's Secret Direct Responsible for providing overall Human Resources leadership for the merchandising, creative, graphic design and garment functions of this $1.4B line of business.
- 125 employees and 2 direct staff.
- Created a business-wide career development process and workshop for managers and associates that resulted in meaningful career and retention discussions and development plans for all associates.
- Staffed all leadership positions, developed comprehensive 90-day assimilation plans and facilitated "New Leader Assimilation" sessions producing effective leaders more quickly.
- Newark, NJ 2000 - 2002 $34B leading global provider of financial products and services Vice President Human Resources, Prudential Investments (annuities and mutual funds) Responsible for providing Human Resources leadership for the product, sales, marketing, finance, and risk depts.
- Implemented a new compensation system for exempt, non-exempt and sales professionals.
- Led the pilot of the new company wide "bonus pool" incentive program.
- Developed the stock option program for sales.
- Led a strategic staffing conference in which 50 external recruiters learned about the changing nature of the Investments business and exchanged ideas with the leadership team about ways to win the "War on Talent."
- Developed a comprehensive toolkit to assist HR professionals and managers to navigate the employee survey process, including guidance on analyzing results, communication and action planning.
Responsible for providing overall Human Resources leadership for the marketing, finance, risk and strategic business unit functions of this $12B line of business.
Redesigned organization from a functional to a customer segmented strategic business unit structure. Led the process to reassign employees to newly formed business units maximizing the fit between skills and job specs.
Implemented team effectiveness programs for senior management teams of the newly formed business units.
Facilitated the interpretation of employee survey results and developed action plans to address the drivers of key business outcomes (customer satisfaction and employee loyalty).
Identified talent and capability gaps and executed staffing and development plans that helped close those gaps.
Director Human Resources, Optima Card Division (1994-1995)
Responsible for providing overall Human Resources leadership for the marketing, finance and risk functions.
Designed and implemented division wide team building program for 50 senior level managers.
Developed risk management competency models resulting in new hiring criteria, job design and career paths.
Director Employee Surveys and Employee Relations, Travel Related Services (1991-1994)
Directed annual Employee Values Survey administered to 50,000 employees in twelve languages in over forty countries. Led employee engagement research. Significant improvements attained in engagement, survey content, sampling, benchmarking and reporting.
Director Becoming the Best Place to Work Initiatives (1990-1991)
Developed and marketed programs that addressed Workplace 2000 challenges. Programs included a unique dependent care subsidy, a Sabbatical program and Workplace Flexibility initiatives.